Aside from doing the complete glove collection for Burton and Analog, I was tasked with designing bags for Fall/Winter 14/15 collection. BRTN was their elevated street style brand, and they wanted an over sized minimal tote bag, with high attention to small details. All trims were custom made for this unisex bag, with a durable polyspun polyester construction.
Designed Fall/Winter 2013. Released Fall 2015
Design Direction and design work done at Mage Design Studio, Los Angeles, CA.
BRTN line stands out as premium basics inspired by urban culture, cobblestone lined streets, rusted warehouses and industrial parkways. The tote bag was designed to represent genuine authenticity and style, with focus on premium details and functionality.
2D Design Views
1. Padded laptop compartment (20”x11”x1.5”)
2. Heavy Polyester construction
3. Exterior accessory stash pocket
4. Custom designed Hook-Down trims
5. Two Internal slip pockets
6. Adjustable shoulder strap
7. Laser cut and welded fabric loops
8. Velcro wrapped shoulder pad
9. Nylon Carry handles
10. Custom designed T-bar strap attachment
DISTINCTIVE DESIGN MEETS FUNCTIONAL PERFORMANCE WITH SLEEK LINES AND UNIQUE TRIMS.
Minimal design and high focus on details and trims, the BRTN capsule tote bag finds a good balance between “premium” and “basic”. Based on a no-bull genuine authenticity style, the over-sized tote bag is inspired by the urban culture, but told through a Burton lens.